Getting strange "SIM Card Added - please reboot" message all the time!
On the pocketpc.ch forums, someone wrote that he used "OpenSignal" to look into the issue, and found out that the message seems to apper when a switch from 3G to 2G (or vice versa) happens. So it seems that either the nexus5 hardware or (hopefully) just Kitkat has a problem with the handover process.
See the post here, but it's german: http://www.pocketpc.ch/google-nexus-5/200100-simkarte-hinzugefuegt-starten-nutzung-new-post.html
Other symptoms I've noticed:
- SIM card itself doesn't seem to cause the issue, same with the provider (I'm with Telus).
- Despite the pop-up, I actively have full LTE coverage (everything's actually fine).
- I can actually get rid of the message by pressing "back". It doesn't come back immediately but eventually will (as a new occurrence).
- My reception, APN/network settings, and initial experience have been great. I highly suspect this to be a software issue....
Hopefully this helps ID the issue--any additional tips/symptoms would be great!
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.