Nexus 7 stuck on Google screen1 Recommended Answer
So my Nexus 7 2013 edition is stuck on the Google screen. The tablet is not rooted and is totally stock the way it came. I have been reading that Android 5.0 has caused the issue but I have yet to find a solution. When I called ASUS they told me it was out of warranty and there is nothing they can do about it. Can someone please tell me how to fix this issue?
- Go to Settings > Storage > Click on Cached data.
- A message will pop up, "Clear cached data", choose Ok.
- Restart Nexus.
- If you are not able to access the settings menu (such as when the device hangs when updating), use Recovery mode:
- If your device is on, hold the Power button to restart the device.
- When the device turns off, press and hold the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Power button at the same time until the tablet turns on.
- Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight Recovery mode.
- Press the Power button to start Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command."
- While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
- Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" then press the Power button to select it.
- When the cache is cleared, press the Power button on "reboot system now."
Resetting your device to factory settings will erase all local data on your device. If able, backup of your personal local data (pictures, music and video files) is recommended.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.