Find & set up devices near you
You can find and set up some devices close to you using your Android phone or tablet.
By default, you’ll see notifications for nearby devices that you can set up. If you turn off notifications, you can still see devices near you by opening your device’s Settings app.
- Open your phone or tablet’s Settings app .
- Tap Google Devices.
- Turn Show notifications on or off.
Step 1: Set up your phone or tablet
- If you haven’t yet, on your phone or tablet:
- If you turned off device notifications, turn them on. Learn how to turn on notifications.
Step 2: Set up the new device
You can set up Chromecast, Wear OS watches, other Android phones and tablets, or accessories that work with fast pair.
- Turn on a new device that isn’t set up yet.
- Turn on your phone or tablet’s screen.
- On your phone or tablet, you’ll get a notification offering to set up the new device.
- Tap the notification.
- Follow the onscreen steps.
If you’re having trouble setting up a new device, try these steps:
- If you don’t see a notification, look for the device in your Settings app Google Devices.
- Check that you’re close to the device. Your phone or tablet needs to be within about 30 m (100 ft) of most devices, or within 0.5 m (1.6 ft) of accessories that work with fast pair.
- Make sure that your phone or tablet has Bluetooth and Location turned on.
- Check that your phone or tablet is connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile network.
Note: Your phone or tablet can’t find and set up all devices automatically. If you don't see a device in your Settings app, try connecting in another way, like with Bluetooth.