Use battery saver mode
To save power whenever your device's battery gets low, you can set battery saver to turn on automatically. You can also turn on battery saver mode at any time.
What changes when battery saver is on
To save power in battery saver mode, your device:
- Can’t use Google Maps Navigation
- Limits vibration, location services, and most background data
- Won't update email, messaging, or other apps that sync, until you open them
- Turns off "Always on" display (Pixel 2 only)
When battery saver is on, the top and bottom of your screen turn orange.
Tip: Battery saver turns off automatically when your device is charging.
Turn on battery saver yourself
- Swipe down from the top of your device's screen.
- Tap Battery Saver .
Have battery saver turn on automatically
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Tap Battery Battery saver Turn on automatically.
- Pick an option.
Amy is an Android expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.