Add or import contacts
Note: Some of this information only applies to devices running Android 5.0 and up.
There are a couple ways to add contacts:Add a contact manually
- On your device, open the Contacts app .
- Touch Add Contact .
- If you have multiple accounts on your device: At the top of the contact details, touch the Down arrow, then select the account you want to save the contact to.
- Touch a field to enter the contact's information. Tips:
- You can expand certain fields by touching the Down arrow .
- To add a photo: In the bottom right corner of the photo area, touch Change Photo . Or on some devices, touch Change next to the photo area.
- When you're finished: At the top right, touch Save . If you don't see the Save icon, touch the back arrow at the top left .
- Open the Contacts app .
- Touch More > Import/export.
- Touch Import from SIM card.
- If you have multiple accounts on your device, select the account you want to save the contacts to.
- Select the contacts you want to import. Or to import all contacts at once, touch More > Import All.
Note: If there's no SIM card in your device, you'll see "No SIM card." Learn how to insert a SIM card.
Note: When you add contacts manually or import them from a SIM card, those contacts automatically sync with your Google Account. You can view your Google Account contacts from a desktop computer by going to google.com/contacts.
Amy is an Android expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.