Pin & unpin screens
You can pin an app's screen to keep it in view until you unpin it.
For example, you can pin an app and hand your phone to a friend. With the screen pinned, your friend can use only that app. To use your other apps again, you can unpin the screen.
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Tap Security & Location Screen pinning.
- Turn on Screen pinning.
When screen pinning is on, you'll see an option to ask for your PIN, pattern, or password before unpinning.
- Go to the screen you want to pin.
- Tap Overview .
- Swipe up to show the Pin . You'll see it at the bottom right of your selected screen.
- Tap the Pin .
- On the pinned screen, touch and hold Back and Overview .
- If you chose to be asked for your PIN, pattern, or password before unpinning, you'll need to enter it.
Amy is an Android expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.