Manage screen & display settings
You can change your screen's brightness, font size, display size, rotation settings, and more.
- Open your device's Settings app .
- Tap Display.
- Tap the setting that you want to change. To see more settings, tap Advanced.
Tip: Learn how to quickly change common settings, like some display settings.
- Brightness level
To set your screen's brightness, tap Brightness level and move the slider .
- Adaptive brightness
To automatically fit your screen's brightness to the light around you, turn on Adaptive brightness. Adaptive brightness is on by default. You can change your brightness level while adaptive brightness is on.
- Night Light
On a Pixel phone, you can make it easier to look at your phone in dim light. Learn how to use Night Light.
Choose from default wallpapers, live wallpapers, and your photos. Learn how to change your wallpaper.
Change how long it takes for your device’s screen to go black when you’re not using it.
- Screen saver
Set up a screen saver to show photos, colorful backgrounds, and more when your device is charging or docked. Learn how to use screen savers.
- Vivid colors
Make your screen colors more intense.
- Ambient display
- Notifications: Set your device to show notifications on your lock screen. Learn how to control notifications.
- Gestures: Change which gestures wake your screen. Learn how to control gestures.
- Always on (Pixel 2 only): See the time and some other information even when your screen is off. Learn how to turn "Always on" off or on.
- Lift to check phone
Have your device to show you notifications when you pick up your phone. Learn how to use gestures.
- Font size
Change the font size your device shows.
- Display size
Change the display size your device shows.
- Auto-rotate screen (Device rotation)
Change how your screen shows what's on the screen when you turn your device. (This option won't show if you've turned off "Auto-rotate screen" in accessibility settings.)
- When device is in VR mode
On a Pixel phone, change whether your device reduces blur or flicker when in VR mode.
Amy is an Android expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.