Quickly change common settings
You can get to settings from anywhere on your device with Quick Settings. To get to settings faster, you can add or move those you use often.
To see your short settings bar, swipe down once from the top of an unlocked screen.
To see your full settings panel:
- On a locked phone, swipe down once.
- On an unlocked phone, swipe down once with 2 fingers, or twice with 1 finger.
- With the settings bar open, tap the Down arrow .
- To turn a setting on or off, or see its status, tap it. (Dimmed settings are off.)
- To see more options for a setting, touch and hold it.
- To pick options from a list, tap a setting's Down arrow .
- Open your settings panel.
- Tap Edit .
- Drag settings to where you want them.
- To add a setting, drag it up from "Drag to add tiles."
- To remove a setting, drag it down to "Drag here to remove."
Your first several settings become your settings bar.
In your settings panel, most settings show their names. Your settings and status bars show icons only.Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & mobile data
- Mobile data
- Airplane mode
- Data saver
- Users & guests
- Battery saver
- Do not disturb
- Night light
- Invert colors
Amy is an Android expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.