Use your keyboard
You can enter text and use images, like emojis and GIFs. To use your keyboard, open an app or tap anywhere you can type text.
Note: Android isn't the same on all devices. These instructions are for devices running Android 7.0 and up. Learn how to check your Android version.
- To move your cursor: Swipe left or right on the space bar.
- To turn on caps lock: Double-tap Shift . To turn it off again, tap Shift .
- To see accents and more options: Touch and hold a key.
Use emojis and GIFs
Tip: To go back to entering letters, tap ABC.
- Tap an area where you can enter text.
- Tap Emoji .
- To insert emojis: Tap one or more emojis.
- To insert a GIF: Tap GIF tap the GIF you want.
- Tap Send .
You can also draw an emoji to find the one you want. Tap Emoji . In the emoji search bar, tap Draw emoji .
Amy is an Android expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.