Manage security settings
You can manage the security settings for your device by opening the Settings menu and touching Security. Here are the settings you can change:
- Screen security: Manage screen lock options. Learn how to set a screen lock.
- Encryption: Encrypt the data on your phone or tablet. Learn how to encrypt your data.
- SIM card lock: Set up a PIN to lock your device's SIM card (may not be available on your device).
- Passwords: Make passwords visible, which helps you to enter a password that is more complex and secure.
- Smart Lock for Android: Set up your device to automatically unlock when you have a trusted Bluetooth device connected to it, when you're at a trusted location like your home or work, or when it recognizes your face. Learn how to use Smart Lock.
- Device administration: Manage device administrators, allow apps to be installed from sources other than the Play Store, and choose to verify apps from all sources. Learn how to protect your device from harmful apps.
- Unknown sources: Manage installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store.
- Credential storage: Manage, install, or clear certificates on your devices. Learn how to work with certificates.
- Trust agents: Manage trust agents for features like Smart Lock.
- Screen pinning: Turn on to keep your current screen in view on your device. Learn how to use screen pinning.
- Apps with usage access: Manage what apps have access to app-usage data on your device.
Tip: Touch Settings > Security > Owner info to enter information that's displayed on the lock screen. This can be useful in case you lose your device.