Control airplane mode & other network settings
Important: If you're using a tablet with multiple users, only the owner can adjust the settings for VPN.
These settings are available under Settings > Wireless & networks > More.
- Airplane mode. Check to turn off all data transmission from the device.
- Default SMS app. If this setting is on your device, touch to change your default SMS app.
- VPN. Touch to adjust settings for accessing a secure local network from outside that network.
- Tethering & portable hotspot. If this setting is available on your device, touch to adjust settings that allow you to share your device's network connection with a computer or several other devices, via USB, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth.
- NFC. Check to turn on Near Frequency Communication (NFC), which is required for Android Beam.
- Android Beam. Touch to turn Android Beam off or on. When NFC is checked and Android Beam is on, you can touch your phone to other devices to share web pages, contact info, and other data.
- Mobile networks. If this setting is available on your device, touch to adjust settings that control your device's connections with mobile data networks.