Take a screenshot on your device
You can capture your phone or tablet's screen as an image by taking a screenshot. Then you can view, edit, and share the image from your mobile device.
Take a screenshot
To capture your screen as an image on your phone or tablet:
- Open the screen that you want to capture.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time for a few seconds. Your device will save the screen as an image.
- At the top of the screen, you'll see the Screenshot capture .
Tip: If you don't see the Screenshot capture icon, return to a Home screen to see it.
View your screenshot
To see the screenshot you just took
- Swipe down from the top of a screen with the Screenshot capture .
- Tap the "Screenshot captured" notification.
To see all your screenshots
- Open your device's Photos app .
- Tap Menu .
- Tap Device folders Screenshots.
- Open your device's Gallery app.
- Choose the "Album" view and look in the "Screenshots" folder.
Share your screenshot
To share a screenshot, view it and tap Share .
Amy is an Android expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.