Type text by speaking
On your mobile device, you can speak to enter text in most places where you can enter text with the onscreen keyboard.
Use your voice to type text
- Touch where you want to type.
- In the onscreen keyboard, touch the Microphone key .
- When you see the microphone image, speak what you want to type. Say "comma," "period," "question mark," "exclamation mark," or "exclamation point" to enter punctuation.
- When you pause, your device's speech-recognition service transcribes what you said into words in the text field. What you said last will be underlined.
- To delete what you last said, touch Delete .
How we improve voice input recognition
To improve how well your device recognizes what you say, Google may record a few seconds of ambient background noise in your device's temporary memory at any time. This recording isn't stored on your device and isn't sent to Google.
Kit is an Android expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.