Change your device's wallpaper
You can change the background image on your Android device's Home screens and lock screens. You can choose from your own photos, use an image that comes on your device, or download more wallpapers.
Note: Android isn't the same on all devices. These instructions are for devices running Android 7.1 and up. Check which version of Android you have.
You can choose a static image or an image that changes automatically.
- On your device's Home screen, touch and hold an empty space.
- Tap Wallpapers.
- Pick your wallpaper.
- To use your own image, tap My photos.
- To use a curated image, tap a category image.
- To use an image that changes, tap a category Daily wallpaper.
- At the top, tap Set wallpaper.
- Tap Home screen, Lock screen, or Both.
Tip: On Nexus, Android One, and Google Play edition devices, default images are static and not inside categories.
Get more wallpapers
Amy is an Android expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.