If you've moved or updated your site's hostname (in other words, everything up to the first slash in your site's URL), please send us the new hostname as well as your site's old hostname, and we will be happy to update this information in our system.
Once we've updated your information in our system, follow the steps below:
- In Webmaster Tools, add your new hostname (e.g., newurl.com) to your account.
- Verify ownership of both hostnames (oldurl.com and newurl.com).
- Re-create your News Sitemap and put it under the new hostname (making sure that the URLs in the Sitemap point to newurl.com rather than oldurl.com).
- Submit the Sitemap to the new site (newurl.com) using one of the following mechanisms:
- Through Google Webmaster Tools;
- Using the robots.txt file;
- Using ping.