Inaccurate article titles
Google News scans your article pages and automatically displays what our crawler determines to be the correct headlines for your content. To ensure our system displays your articles' titles correctly in Google News, please follow these suggestions:
- Place the title of your article in a prominent place above the article body, such as in an
- Make sure the title of your article page (in the html
<title>tag) matches the title of your article (in
- Make sure the anchor text that points to your article in your section pages matches the title of your article and of the page.
- In your article page, avoid using the article title, or a substring of the title, as an active hyperlink.
- Don't include a date or time in your article title.
- Ensure that your article title includes at least ten characters and is between 2 and 22 words.
- Create and submit a Google News Sitemap.
- To make sure that your article title displays properly on mobile devices, don't include a leading number (which sometimes corresponds to an access key) in the anchor text of the title.
Keep in mind that while we can't guarantee that we'll include all your site's articles, the suggestions above should increase the likelihood that our crawler will extract the correct headlines.