When scanning thousands of websites every minute, sometimes our crawler can miss a few. If you notice we have failed to include some of your latest articles, it's likely that a specific technical issue is preventing us from including your content. We encourage you to walk through the steps below to determine what may be causing our system to miss your content.
- First, check if your articles are in our news index. To do so, run a site: search
[site:example.com]on the Google News homepage.
- If the articles that do appear are displayed with a different publication name or link to an outdated site domain, it's very possible that we're failing to crawl your content because we have outdated information in our system. To fix this issue, you'll need to report an update to our team.
- If your site's information appears to be correct in search results, try to identify a few articles that are missing. Look at those articles and check to see if they conform to our technical requirements. Some common issues that may be preventing us from crawling your articles include:
- Article URLs are not unique or do not contain enough digits.
- Links to articles are inaccessible to our crawler by either being blocked by a robots.txt file or meta tags.
- Content is hosted on a domain different from your site's main domain and is not currently listed in our system.
- We're unable to determine the date or title of your article.
- Article pages contain dynamic content that our crawler can't read.
- Articles appear not to contain enough text to be included.
- For several of the issues above, we strongly encourage you create a Google News Sitemap. Sitemaps can help improve how quickly our crawler finds your content and can resolve issues involving inaccurate headlines and publication titles. Please keep in mind that Google News Sitemaps are distinct from Google Search Sitemaps.
- After you submit your sitemap, if you still do not see your articles appearing in our news search results, open your Search Console account and expand Crawl on the left hand side of your screen. Next, click Crawl Errors then News to see which articles are not being indexed properly by news. Read the full description of our News-specific crawl errors for more detail on how to troubleshoot.
- In addition, to using the Crawl Error tool, we recommend that you also try Fetch as Googlebot in your Search Console account. This tools allows you to see how Google's crawlers view your site and may reveal why our system is having trouble indexing your content. For more details on how to use this tool, please visit the Search Console Help Center.
You may also find it useful to visit the Google News Help Forum, where publishers share helpful tips and expertise.