Please let us know when you plan to change your domain name. Changing your site's domain without notifying us may cause your site to be dropped from our news index. In order to give yourself the best possible chance of avoiding an interruption in crawling, please follow these steps:
- Once the switch is completed, submit the URL of your new site.
- Depending on the nature of your website change, our team will let you know next steps. For certain types of changes, we will change your site URL immediately. For others, we must re-review your site for quality purposes.
- After the change has been made, you can verify that articles from your new domain are included. Please review instructions on how to do so in this article.
- Next, after verifying ownership for your new domain, please update our record of your section URLs and associated labels within the Google News Publisher Center.
- Finally, if you are using a Google News Sitemap (recommended) re-create your news sitemap with your new domain, and resubmit it in Search Console.
Please note that we're unable to guarantee that your domain change will result with an uninterrupted processing of your articles, but following these steps should help minimize the chance of interruption.