Remove content from Google News
Site owners may find articles or videos on Google News with incorrect information or broken links. This issue occurs when news sources unknowingly publish content with errors or when there’s an error in Google News computer algorithms.
How to remove content from Google News
To remove incorrect content from Google News, do the following:
- Remove the content from your site and re-publish it.
- Note: If you didn’t publish the content, contact the publisher directly to have it removed from their site, and ask the publisher to contact our team.
- Set up a robots.txt entry to block Google News from further crawling this content.
To delete content from Google Search entirely, learn how to remove information from Google.
We can’t re-crawl an article at the same URL after it's removed.
How to report an issue
If incorrect content still displays on Google News, let us know. Provide as much detail as possible about the content issue, such as the exact headline as it appears on Google News.
The removal process may take up to a few days. The actual timeline for removing content varies based on the removal type and the severity of the issue.
Note to Google News readers: This article describes how site owners remove content from Google News.
- If you find content in Google News that you believe is offensive or incorrect, contact us
- If you aren’t the owner of a site included in the Google News index and you feel your copyrights are being violated, review our policy on alleged copyright infringement
- If you feel your other legal rights are being violated, file a report
- If you want to customize the content you see, learn how to personalize your news settings