- Discover current events, world-wide news and diverse content from different publishers.
- Subscribe to specific news providers and topics.
- Read content online or offline.
- Bookmark and share articles.
- Personalise content in the 'For you' section.
How it works
Through a diverse set of features, Google News lets users learn about and engage with you. The Google News experience includes prominent branding and monetisation opportunities, like advertising and streamlined subscription sales, through Subscribe with Google.
To provide the best experience for readers, you can choose between direct control and traffic using Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) or custom styling of feed-backed content.
You can use the Publisher Centre tool to share your content with Google News by submitting RSS feeds, website URLs or videos.
Even if you don’t set up a publication in the Publisher Centre, Google may find your site through our normal web crawl. If you do not want to surface in Google News, you can block access to content on your sites without affecting your continued indexing and ranking in Google Search.
A new Publisher Centre experience
In 2019, Google launched a new Publisher Centre that combines the features from the former Publisher Centre and the Producer tool to create one single publisher interface.
If you had an edition through the Producer tool, or were part of Google News through the previous Publisher Centre tool, your content will remain live. You should continue to update your content preferences in the new Publisher Centre.
1. Publisher Centre
You don’t need to sign up through the Publisher Centre to be in Google News rankings, but it does provide certain benefits:
- Content and branding control: Design, brand and customise your publication's sections and content in Google News.
- Monetisation opportunity: Run ads inside your content area in the app. Google News supports ad serving via Google Ad Manager, including premium solution ads. Publishers can use paywalls in Newsstand through Subscribe with Google.
- Placement eligibility: Publications with business terms are eligible to be in the Newsstand section of the app (in applicable countries/regions). We do not guarantee placement. Publications are independently selected for Newsstand by our merchandising team based on promotional timing, quality of user experience and relevance to promotional theme.
Important: Submitting a feed or a URL through the Publisher Centre does not guarantee surfacing or ranking in Google News.
2. Eligibility in news
Publishers no longer need to submit their site to be eligible for the Google News app and website. Publishers are automatically considered for Top stories or the News tab of Search. They just need to produce high-quality content and comply with Google News content policies.