Publisher Center is an interface that helps publishers submit, manage, and monetize their content in Google News through Subscribe with Google.
To customize your publication, you can use a few basic features:
- General: Add basic information about your publication, details about the location of your publication's headquarters, verification of website property URLs, and your publication’s contact details.
- Visual styles: Add visual elements that identify your publication, like logos and fonts.
The Settings tab can be found in the left panel of the homepage. It includes 3 tabs:
- User permissions: Manage user access for your organization or the publications you’ve submitted.
- Account settings: You can create, manage, and delete your accounts.
- Organizations settings: You can create, delete, and define your organization’s settings.
Modules customize different experiences of your publications. Certain modules might not be visible for some users.
- Google News: Design, brand, and customize your publication for the Google News app on Android, iOS, and news.google.com.
- Subscribe with Google: Make it easier for readers to subscribe to and access your content with their Google account.
- News Showcase: Enhance storytelling and help readers stay informed by highlighting issues and events through customized panels.
Options to help classify your content better. Certain options might not be visible for some users.
- Content labels: Help Google understand your content better with labels like opinion, user-generated, satire, or blog; this won’t affect ranking.
- Local Information: Display specific pages on your site that provide current, authoritative, and local information on key topics.
The below terms allow publishers to understand how Publisher Center is organized and which content types can be submitted.
- Organization: An organization is the entity that hosts your publications. An organization can host one or several publications.
- Publication: Publishers can organize and manage their content by creating Publications.
- What was called "Edition" in the former Producer tool or "Source" in the former Publisher Center is now called "Publication."
- Feed: To share your content with Google News, you can add an RSS feed in the "Content" tab of Publisher Center.
- Web location: To share content from specific parts of your site, add a web location in the “Content” tab of Publisher Center.
- Content label: Add content labels to alert Google News to a part of your site that needs a specific label applied to it, like satire or opinion.
- Submitting Content labels doesn't guarantee your content will appear in Google News.
- Labels: Labels are a set of predefined, generally understood terms that describe the content of your news articles. They serve as hints to Google News to help classify and show your content. Learn more about what each of the labels mean.
What not to expect from Publisher Center
Google News Publisher Center isn't an authoring or a content management system (CMS). Google News Publisher Center is also not a tool to produce online websites optimized for desktop web browsers.
When you create a section in Publisher Center, it shouldn't interfere with the ranking of your site’s search engine. Google News doesn't host any publisher content on the open web.
Google automatically considers any content published on the web for inclusion in Google News. There’s no need to "apply." However, only content that complies with our overall content policies and requirements will be eligible: