To submit your publication for approval, you’ll need to verify your site in the Search Console.
Before you verify your site:
- Finalize your feed and website URL.
- In the Google Search Console, verify the entire site’s ownership.
Verify your site in the Search Console
- Open Publisher Center.
- Select your publication.
- Click Publication settings.
- Under “General settings," find "Website property URLs."
- Important: The "Verify" button only appears after you add your site’s URL. After you click, your domain verifies through the Search Console and your content is discoverable in Google News. To associate your articles with your Google News publication, they must come from a verified domain.
- When you verify your site’s ownership in the Search Console, you must:
- Verify the full site’s ownership.
- For example, don't verify "news.example.com/news" if you’d like to verify "news.example.com."
- Verify ownership with the domain name provider method. If you’re unable to use this method, use the HTML file verification method.
- If you have news content from multiple subdomains, like "example.com" and "news.example.com," verify ownership of the top domain. Then you can configure your news sections in the Publisher Center.
- Check that you’re signed into Publisher Center with the same email account that you used to verify your site in the Search Console.
If you’ve followed the steps above and are still unable to verify your content, contact our team.
To verify additional and secondary URLs use "Additional URLs."