Google News allows publishers to review their publication's setup before they publish it. You can review your setup under the "Review & publish" tab in Publisher Center. If your publication has any issues, they will appear under the "Google News app publishing status" section.
Important: You won't be able to submit your publication to Google News until any identified issues are resolved.
Tip: To receive notifications about your publication's status, make sure your contacts in Publisher Center are accurate.
Publisher Center allows you to set up a publication page for users to visit in the Google News mobile and desktop apps. However, the use of Publisher Center does not mean your content will appear in Google News search results or on other Google News surfaces. Learn more about appearing on other Google News surfaces.
- The “Live” indicator in Publisher Center means your publication page can be accessed via the link in the “Review and publish” tab. It also means users can find your publication page if they search for your publication name in Google News search.
- The “Not Live” indicator in Publisher Center means your publication page is not available for users to visit. This could be because your publication does not meet our Google News or Search policies.
- “In Review” status means your publication page is still being reviewed by Google. The review process can take about a week.
Important: Periodic re-reviews of your publication may occur and result in a change of status.
Resubmit your publication
If your publication has any issues, follow the steps below:
Tip: To resubmit your publication, your publication must be set to "Draft" status.
- Open Publisher Center.
- Use the top bar to select your publication.
- Click Google News Edit.
- In the navigation menu, click Review and publish.
- Review and resolve the identified issues listed in the "Google News app publishing status" section.
- To submit your publication for consideration, click Publish.
If you still experience problems, contact us on our Publisher Center Community Forum or support service.