Important: To unpublish or delete a publication, you need ‘Owner’ user permission.
Unpublish your publication in Google News
To unpublish a publication means that it's no longer available in users’ libraries or browsable in Google News. Your publication is removed from Google News libraries within 24 hours of unpublishing.
To unpublish your publication:
- Open Publisher Centre.
- Select the publication that you want to unpublish on Google News.
- Select Google News.
- Click Edit.
- Click the tab for Review and Publish.
- Under the ‘Google News publishing status’ section, click Unpublish.
- You'll get a confirmation message.
- To unpublish the publication, in the confirmation window, click Unpublish.
Tip: When you unpublish your publication, it remains available in Publisher Centre as a draft. You can republish your edition at any time
Delete your publication
When you delete a publication, it’s removed from Publisher Centre.
To delete your publication:
- Sign in to Publisher Centre.
- Select the publication that you want to delete.
- In the publication's summary, click More Delete publication.
- In the dialogue box, select ‘Yes, I want to delete this publication’.
- Click Delete.
The content from your publication might still surface in Google News. Learn how to stop Google News from crawling your web pages.