When you plan to change your domain name, let us know Changing your site's domain without notifying us may cause your site to be dropped from our news index. In order to give yourself the best possible chance of avoiding an interruption in crawling, please follow these steps:
- After the switch is completed, submit the URL of your new site.
- Depending on the nature of your website change, our team will give you next steps. For certain types of changes, we change your site URL immediately. For others, we must review your site for quality purposes.
- After the change is made, you can verify that articles from your new domain are included.
- After verifying ownership for your new domain, update our record of your section URLs and associated labels within the Google News Publisher Center.
- If you're using a Google News Sitemap (recommended) create your news sitemap with your new domain, and resubmit it in Search Console.
We're unable to guarantee that your domain change will result with an uninterrupted processing of your articles, but following these steps helps minimize the chance of interruption.