Manage section URLs
To manage section URLs, open your news source in the Google News Publisher Centre. To the right of your source name and URL, click Sections. Within this tab you’ll see the sections and the associated labels (e.g. 'Technology').
Note: When you make changes to our record of your news source information, it may take up to 24 hours for these changes to take effect. If you’re still not seeing the impact of your changes after 24 hours, contact our team.
Adding a section URL
- Click the Add Section button towards the top of the screen.
- Under URL, enter the URL of your section (e.g. http://www.example.com/technology). You can also select the section label (e.g. 'Technology') that best describes that section of your publication.
Edit a section URL
- Click the Edit button to the right of the section URL that you would like to edit.
- Update the section labels or URL for your section (e.g. add a 'Technology' label to this section "http://www.example.com/technology").
- Click Save
Note: Some section URLs require additional verification (YouTube channels, Feedburner RSS feeds), and say To Edit, contact support instead of Edit . If this is the case, click the link to request that the URL be edited.
Delete a section URL
- Tick the tick box next to the section URL that you’d like to delete.
- Click Delete active towards the top of the screen.
We'll stop crawling your site within a few days, and you have one week to change your mind before the deletion becomes permanent. If you change your mind after one week, you can always add a new section.
Restore a section URL
If you accidentally deleted a section URL, you may restore the section URL within one week. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click the tick box next to the section URL that you'd like to restore.
- Click Restore deleted towards the top of the screen.