If your publication is working on a site redesign, keep the following points in mind during this process:
- Our team does not assist with SEO consulting or crawl tests
- If your redesign involves changing the domain of your site, review our article on changing site domain
- If your redesign involves changing your site structure, update our record of your section URLs and associated labels within the Google News Publisher Center once the change is live
- We strongly recommend reviewing our guidelines on article URLs, and other technical requirements so the layout and format of your site is easy for our crawler to read and decipher
- Minimize the number of redirects needed to follow a link from one page to another
We recommend consulting the site management section of the Search Console Help Center for additional tips.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?