If your publication is working on a site redesign, keep the following points in mind during this process:
- Our team does not assist with SEO consulting or crawl tests
- If your redesign involves changing the domain of your site, review our article on changing site domain
- If your redesign involves changing your site structure, update our record of your section URLs and associated labels within the Google News Publisher Center once the change is live
- We strongly recommend reviewing our guidelines on article URLs, and other technical requirements so the layout and format of your site is easy for our crawler to read and decipher
- Minimize the number of redirects needed to follow a link from one page to another
We recommend consulting the site management section of the Search Console Help Center for additional tips.
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?