Make the most of Google News
When you publish a great story, you want it to reach as many interested readers as possible.
Here are some tips on how Google News can help you get there:
- Submit your site for inclusion in Google News: First, review our inclusion guidelines. If you believe that your site follows them and want it to be part of Google News, you can apply for inclusion within the Google News Publisher Centre. If you believe that your site's already included, you can check if we're crawling articles from your site by using our site operator. From the Google News homepage, enter [site:example.com] and click Search.
- Update our record of your news site in the Google News Publisher Centre: Keeping your site's information up to date helps improve discovery and classification of your news content. Find out more about how to get the most out of the Publisher Centre.
- Create a Google News sitemap: Once your site is processed, we encourage you to submit a Google News sitemap in Search Console. This tool helps enhance discovery of your new articles and gives you increased control over your content in Google News.
- Review tips for troubleshooting your site: If you find that there are issues with our crawling of your site, or your site’s traffic seems lower than expected, we might be experiencing issues with a few of your articles. We encourage you to follow our troubleshooting steps to determine what may be causing our system to miss your content.
- Share more with Google News: Google News can crawl YouTube videos embedded within articles on your site. However, we encourage you to submit your videos by creating a YouTube channel and sharing it with our team.
- Highlight your mobile apps: Provide links to your mobile apps in the Partner Centre so that we can surface them to Google News users in the right context. For example, your apps may appear below your Editors' Picks feed on the Google News homepage and News & Weather app.
If you have any further questions, visit our Google News Help Forum, where publishers and Google News product experts share helpful tips. If you're still having trouble after consulting the forum, don't hesitate to report an issue to our team.