Before you submit for review
Important: You won't be able to submit your publication to Google News until identified issues are resolved.
To ensure that your publication set-up is ready for review, Publisher Center provides automated checks on required fields before you can select Publish. If your publication has any issues, it shows up under the "Google News app publishing status" section.
How it works
- After you submit your publication, you can check your status in Publisher Center. To receive email updates about your publication’s status, make sure your contacts in Publisher are accurate.
- To ensure that your content meets our standards for eligibility, there’s a series of verification processes to review your publication after you submit for review.
- Our content and behavior policies help ensure a positive experience for our users and publishing partners. For your content to be eligible to show up on Google News, it must follow Search and News policies.
Important: Periodic re-reviews of your publication may occur and result in a change of status.
The review process allows you to set up a publication page for users to visit in the Google News mobile and computer apps. However, the use of Publisher Center doesn't mean that your content will show up in Google News search results or on other Google News surfaces. Learn more about showing up on other Google News surfaces.
The “Live” indicator in Publisher Center means your publication page can be accessed via the link in the “Review and publish” tab. It also means that users can find your publication page if they search for your publication name in Google News search.
The “Not Live” indicator in Publisher Center means that your publication page isn't available for users to visit. This could be because:
The “In Review” status means that your publication page is still being reviewed by Google.
Resubmit your publication
Important: To resubmit your publication, your publication must be set to "Draft" status.
If your publication has any issues, follow the steps below:
- Open Publisher Center.
- Use the top bar to select your publication.
- Click Google News Edit.
- In the navigation menu, click Review and publish.
- Review and resolve the identified issues listed in the "Google News app publishing status" section.
- To submit your publication for consideration, click Publish.
Things to consider
There’s no guarantee that your site’s articles will be displayed in Google News. To increase the chances that our crawler discovers your articles, follow our best practices for article pages.