You should keep up to date with the latest Google News policies, since they may change at any time. We notify Account holders through email when policies change.
Digital file types you can use
You can use RSS or Atom feeds for News content.
Reports for Google News purchases
Google makes sales reports through its Partner Center on all content available in Google News. Reports include details about:
- List price (currency, refunds, and other metrics determined by Google)
- Sales tax collection
- Customer usage
Digital content that you sell on Google News must comply with the Google News content policies.
Do not spam. This includes sending unwanted promotional or commercial content, or unwanted or mass solicitation.
If you access, use, or process personal information made available by Google that directly or indirectly identifies an individual, and that originated in the European Union, then you must do the following:
- Comply with all privacy, data security, and data protection laws, directives, regulations, and rules in any applicable jurisdiction.
- Use or access Personal Information only for purposes consistent with the consent obtained by the individual to whom the Personal Information relates.
- Implement appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect the Personal Information against loss, misuse, and unauthorized or unlawful access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- Provide the same level of protection as required by the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield principles.
You’ll regularly monitor your compliance with this obligation and immediately notify Google in writing if you can no longer meet (or if there is a significant risk that you can no longer meet) this obligation. In such cases, you’ll either cease processing personal information or immediately take other reasonable and appropriate steps to remedy the failure to provide an adequate level of protection.