Add videos to your edition
We recommend submitting all multimedia content through your feed. If that's not an option, you can manually include videos through video embeds. Alternatively, you can build a section that is exclusively for a certain type of content (e.g., a YouTube channel).
Embed a video in an article
If an article in your feed contains a YouTube video, the video will be included without any additional work on your part.
If you'd like to add a video to an existing article, follow these steps:
- In Google News Producer, go to Manage articles and click the name of the section that the article belongs to.
- Select the article you want to add a video to.
- Under Add media, choose the media type.
- For videos hosted on YouTube, select YouTube URL.
- (For magazine content only:) Select Video for other types of videos. Supported content types include:
- video/webm (may not be supported on the iPhone or iPad).
- Enter the video URL (be sure not to use a shortened or redirecting URL) and click Apply, then Update.
- Expand Edit fields and click the Insert media link.
- Locate the video you added and select the code for it. Copy this text to your clipboard.
- Click Done and paste the code into the appropriate location in the body text area.
- Click Update.
Select YouTube video content for a new section
When you create a new section of the "Video channel" type, you can choose to populate the section with YouTube videos from either a Channel or a Playlist.
Channel: Enter the name of the channel (e.g. if the channel URL is
googlechrome). Google News displays videos from the Uploads section of the channel (under Browse videos).Note: Even if you've set the default tab of your channel to Featured tab or Feed, Google News shows the videos under Uploads. This means your new section may not show the same content as the front page of your YouTube channel.
Playlist: Enter the full URL of the playlist (e.g.