Google News Producer overview
What Google News Producer is
Google News Producer is a production environment that helps publishers produce and monetize their existing content. Your existing content must comply with our policies and quality guidelines - specifically for distribution via phones and tablets. Within Producer, you can:
- Link to or import your existing content
- Make design decisions that automatically optimize your content so it can be simultaneously delivered to smartphones and tablets of all sizes and orientations
- Add multimedia elements optimized for smartphones and tablets
- Publish the result (we call it an "edition") into Google News, Google's magazine and news reader
Google News Producer makes it easy for you to deliver the best possible, high-performance experience to your users. Your users will enjoy the following features:
- Automatic page layout in both portrait and landscape modes for devices of all sizes
- Automatic content updates in the background
- Fast response times for all core interactions
- Offline access
- Integrated multimedia elements, including high-resolution images, videos, and audio
- Instantly sharing their favorite content with others
What Google News Producer isn't
Google News Producer is not an authoring or a content management tool (CMS). Your content (text, pictures, videos, audio) is created and managed elsewhere, then is pulled into or linked from Producer for post-production.
Google News Producer is also not a tool for producing online websites optimized for PC browsers. Producer is solely focused on the mobile phone and tablet experience.
Producer is a production tool for optimizing your content and products for phones and tablets.