Search for news by keyword, site, or region
You can search for topics and stories on Google News. Use these tips to do advanced searches by region, keyword, and publication.
- Go to news.google.com.
- In the search bar at the top, enter what you're interested in finding.
You can also search by categories, region, date, and website.
In the search bar, enter your search terms, followed by
location:countryname. For example:
- Go to google.com.
- Enter a search term.
- To see news results, click the "News" tab.
- To see search options, click Tools.
- Next to "Recent," click the Down arrow .
- Select a timeframe or enter a custom date range.
- To search for words in the headline, use
allintitle:keyword. For example:
- To search for words in the body text, use
allinbody:keyword. For example:
- To search for words in the URL, use
allinurl:keyword. For example:
- To search on a specific news site, use
site:sitename. For example,
- To search a specific keyword, use
site:sitename keyword. For example:
- To search only specific sources, use
source:publicationname. For example:
source:BBC. For sources with more than one word, use quotation marks. For example: