Accessing Google News
If you're having trouble accessing Google News, try these steps first:
- Restart your computer.
- If that doesn't work, verify that you're able to reach other sites on the Internet.
- Quit and relaunch your browser application, and try to connect to news.google.com again.
- Try clearing your browser's cache.
- If you're accessing Google from behind a firewall, proxy, or anti-virus program, disable the program and try accessing the site again. These programs could be configured incorrectly, and as a result, you may have problems accessing sites on the Internet; if disabling the program resolves the problem, you may want to consult the program's online support center for assistance.
- If you're on a computer network, can others on your network access Google News? If you're at a school, library, or other public place, then network-security applications may prohibit you from accessing certain sites on the web.
- Do you have the latest version of your browser? If not, downloading it may resolve the problem.
- If you're running Microsoft Windows, do you have the latest updates and patches from Microsoft?
Was this article helpful?