Find news archive content
News archive content refers to content older than 30 days. Although archive search is no longer available within Google News, you can use Google Web Search to find the content that you’re looking for.
Search for articles older than 30 days
To find news articles that are older than 30 days, go to www.google.com and type in your search term. For example, if you’re looking for information about the fall of the Berlin wall, just type in fall of the Berlin wall and start your search. The results you see won’t be restricted by publication date.
Search for articles in a specified date range
You can filter your results to a particular date range:
- Go to www.google.com and type in your search term and click Enter.
- Go to Search tools below the search box.
- From the menu that appears, click the Any time drop-down list and select the Custom range option.
- In the box that appears, type your specified dates.
- The search results you see will be within the dates you entered.
Searching within Google News won’t show results older than 30 days, so be sure to use web search when searching for older articles. Note that Google Web Search doesn’t support custom date ranges earlier than 1970 or content behind a paywall.
Search newspaper archives
To locate an article from a scanned newspaper, go to www.google.com and type in site:google.com/newspapers, followed by the search terms you’d like to use. For example, if you’re searching for a scanned article on the Berlin wall, you would type in:
site:google.com/newspapers "the Berlin wall"