Check top news stories
Read news stories and features using Google News.
Read more about an event
Open the News & Weather app .
Each headline highlights a news story. To see more coverage of a story, like related videos and articles, next to the article title, tap the Down arrow .
Read longer featured articles
At times, you may see the Spotlight section. It includes longer articles, in-depth analyses, and stories that are relevant for longer periods.
To read these stories, swipe left until you're on Spotlight. To see a summary of the article, tap the Down arrow .
This section can’t be removed from the menu.
See labels for news stories
Google News shows groups of articles about the same news event. To see more articles on a story, to the right of the title, click or tap the arrow. Some articles might be labeled as follows:
- In-Depth: a longer article about the story
- Fact check: an article with fact-checking of claims that have been made in large news stories
- Local Source: an article from a source local to the story
- From [location]: an article from an international source
- Highly Cited: the article that appears to be most frequently cited by other articles
- Most Referenced: web content that appears to be linked to from other articles the most frequently
- Opinion: an opinion on the story
- Satire: a humorous article about the story
- Live Updating: live coverage of a news story
- Wikipedia: a Wikipedia article that helps give context and background
- Your preferred source: an article from a source you've marked as a favorite