Delete a map from My Maps
You can remove your maps from My Maps when you don’t need them anymore. You can move the map to your trash in My Maps, but to completely delete it, you need to use Google Drive.
Step 1: Move the map to the trash
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the My Maps app .
- Tap Menu Created by me or Shared with me.
- You’ll see a list of maps. Next to the map you want to remove, tap Information Delete .
Your map will stay in the trash until you empty it in Google Drive.
Step 2: Empty the trash in Google Drive
Delete shared maps
You can remove My Maps that you have shared with others, or that someone else has shared with you. When you delete:
- Maps owned by you: Other people can’t see or edit your map if it’s in the trash. If you want to let others use the map, make someone else the owner before you delete it.
- Maps owned by someone else: If you delete someone else's map, it only affects you. Others will still be able to see the map.