Browser requirements and issues
To get the most from Google My Maps on your computer, use the latest version of your favorite browser:
- Google Chrome (for Windows and Mac)
- Firefox (for Windows, Mac, and Linux)
- Safari (for Mac and Windows)
For older versions of these browsers (or alternate browsers not listed), some features may not work as well.
Still not working? Visit our Google My Maps Help Forum to get tips from the community.
Problems using Internet Explorer
If you use Internet Explorer to view Google My Maps, you might see some problems with the display. That’s because Internet Explorer has Compatibility View, a feature that affects Google Maps.
Turn off Compatibility View
- Open Internet Explorer on your computer.
- In the top right, click the Tools button . (If you don't see this gear icon, press the F10 key to make it appear.)
- Click Compatibility View Settings.
- Select Google.com under "Websites you've added to Compatibility View."
- Click Remove.