Import info to your map
You can pull lots of geographical info into a map all at once. Here's how:
Step 1: Prepare your data
You can import a CSV, TSV, KML, KMZ, GPX, or XLSX file, or a sheet from Google Drive.
Note: You can import only one data file per layer, and each file can have up to 2,000 rows.
Step 2: Import content
- Open My Maps on your computer.
- Open a new or existing map.
- In the legend on the left, click the layer where you want to add data.
- Click Import. You can import CSV, TSV, KML, KMZ, GPX, or XLSX files, or spreadsheets from Google Drive.
- Drag a file from your computer, select a Google Drive file or open a previous My Maps map.
- Click Choose a file to upload.
- Pick one or more columns that identify the location of your data.
- Click Continue.
- Pick a single column to label the data on the map.
- Click Finish.
Places will be automatically added to the map and available in a list in the legend on the left.
You might receive an error when trying import a file from Drive. If you’re having difficulty with your import, learn how to troubleshoot imports.