/messages/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
RCS trying to verify for days??? 0 Recommended Answers 13 Replies 43 Upvotes
1 Update
$0 Updates
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
My RCS was working fine on my Pixel 3XL until I recently switched to a Samsung S21+. It worked well at first until I reset the device, now my Chat Feature is not working. It has been trying to "verify my number" for days and the RCS function is still off
Tried everything I found on here, any other advice? (clear cache, reset, web messages, etc)
Thanks
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (13)
Relevant Answer
You’ll need to complete a few steps to turn on RCS messaging, but it’s important to take note of the specific requirements.
* RCS will need to be available in your region and your carrier should support it, but most importantly, keep in mind that RCS will need your Wi-Fi or mobile data connection to use the new chat features. Without a data connection, they simply won’t work. If your phone can’t find a connection, it will go back to SMS messaging. It’s not a major issue, but it’s something to keep in mind if you don’t have an unlimited plan.

* Before enabling RCS messaging, make sure that your phone’s settings have Google Message as your default messaging app. If you have an Android One or Google Pixel, Google Message is your default. If your settings are something else, easily change it by going to the Settings app, then hitting Apps and notifications > Advanced > Default apps > SMS app. Then, select the Messages app as your default messaging app. If you don’t have it, first download the Messages app from the Play Store It will ask you to set it as the default messaging app once you launch it.

* Okay, so you have Messages set as your primary messaging app. The next thing to do is open the app and go to Settings. Do this by tapping the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner. Select Settings, then tap Chat features. Finally, Enable chat features to turn RCS messaging on. Tapping this option will cause a new bar to appear. It will show the message Setting up (in orange). Wait for setup to complete. Within a few seconds, the message should change to Connected (in green). It may not work the first time, but you can always retry the configuration by selecting Setting up. Of course, if your service provider or region doesn’t allow RCS, you won’t be able to execute the configuration. 

Thank you Sam Nguyen 3461 for reaching out to us in the Messages Forum
If this is not what you are asking, I may have misinterpreted, be sure to write back.
Hope this helps,
Michael D
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the super quick response! I live in Canada and RCS worked fine up until a few days ago when I reset my new Samsung S21+ device.

Messages (stock android) is my default messaging app.

My Chat feature is enable but it looks like the system is trying to verify my number and it has been like that for days, I re-entered my phone number a few times... not sure why 

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sam
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am having the same issues on a Samsung Galaxy S20+
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I was seeing this on my Pixel 5 but a Carrier Services update came through the Play Store yesterday that resolved the issue.

The version for this particular update is version 58.0.373411683-carrierservices_V58O_RC02 for those who are curious. After taking the update, try verifying your number again and chat features should show up as connected.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It could have something to do with Samsung.
I don't think this is the Google Messages app.
I suggested earlier someone that had the Samsung S20 and they said they got it fixed.
Not sure what the fix was??  But if I find out, I will share.

Thank you Sam Nguyen 3461 for reaching out to us in the Messages Forum
If this is not what you are asking, I may have misinterpreted, be sure to write back.
Regards,
Michael D
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
It definitely appears to be affecting Samsung Galaxy S20 and S21's. Please let us know if you find out how to fix it. Thanks. Also in the future don't delete profiles for violating rules claiming spam just because the same post is used to relay experiences on multiple relevant posts TO WHICH THEY APPLY!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Some hack my account and I get a police report you been steal and it all on file dum ass mutherfucker you used my vanilla card
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue here with a Samsung S21+. Was working fine till a few days ago. Since then it keeps saying "verifying number...". Any news on a fix?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
From what I understand RCS is either through your carrier or Google Jibe.

If it's via Google Jibe it appears that Google is blacklisting phone numbers that try to activate but already are registered. So when you try to re-activate it it won't work. It seems like it could take from 8 to 30 days until Google chose to whitelist that number again. I am in that situation right now.

You need to wait until Google decides to unblock your number again. 😔 This is pure speculation based on other people's experiences, as Google officially haven't told us what's happening behind the scene. But more and more seems to believe this is the case. I hope Google can address this issue soon and explain how it works when reactivating RCS/Chat via Jibe.

My problem:
My carrier does NOT support RCS. I've talked to them and they got NO PLANS implementing RCS. But I had chat/RCS via Google Jibe for a couple of weeks.

I recently reset my device and can't use chat anymore. I just get "registration error" (Samsung messages) or it tries to "verify" without anything happen (in Google messages).

The solution:
I hope Google sees this and whitelist my number again, so I can get back on chat (Jibe) again and keep in touch with friends and family. But there is no way for me to get in contact with Google and politely ask them to hurry up and whitlist my phonenumber again.

I don't know of Samsungs responsibility in this RCS/Chat mess but that chat activation system is really poor implemented as of today. It works once it decides to work but if you by accident turn it off or reset your device... well... Good luck getting it up and running again.

I hope we could get I response from Google so they can clear up what's happening, why and what we can do about it.

Right now it feels like I'm not in control of my own device and that's NOT a good feeling. Google need to address this or atleast explain better what's happening and why it's happening.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
i read on some blog, you need to turn off chat for 10 days to get it reset.  if you turn chat before 10 days is up, the clock starts over again.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I think it's time to get ahold of AT&T, T mobile and Verizon and let them know how shady this service is. They don't need to be supportive of a service so unreliable.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Daniel Brändström Riedl hit the nail on the head when he said that he gets the feeling that he's not in control of his device.  The whole process of getting this set up seems to be based on mysterious black magic, because from the user's perspective you have NO IDEA what's going on in the background.

• Is my device trying to subscribe to RCS through the carrier or Google/Jibe?
    No way to know.
  • Is my phone number or sim card already registered with RCS on the server side (meaning that it's out of sync with what my device thinks)?
    No way to know.
  • Is my phone number or sim card blacklisted, requiring me to stop trying for X number of days?
    No way to know.
  • How many days do I have to turn off RCS before trying again?
    No way to know.
As a user, you're flying blind, which is why every single fix you see on the internet (and there are many) consists of a bunch of wild guesses: clear data for Messages, clear data for Carrier services, downgrade Messages/Carrier Services, upgrade Messages/Carrier Services, join the beta for Messages/Carriers Services, Turn airplane mode on/off, Reboot the phone, etc.

Google, is it too much to ask to have some kind of log or error message here so that we can have *some* hope of figuring out what's going wrong?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
One other thing: I've seen people say that you have to turn off RCS and wait X number of days before trying again to get it working, and the number of days has varied between 1 and 30.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but if it is: 1 day is the absolute max that any user should have to wait (1 hour would be more reasonable, really).  To make a user wait a week or a month to re-enable a feature is insanity.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/messages/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic