The Messages app saves time and automatically gives you suggestions so that you can:
- Create and send calendar invites in your default calendar app.
- Attach recent photos.
- Start a video call with Google Duo.
- Share your location.
- Search for GIFs.
Create a calendar event in Messages
- To create a calendar event with suggested actions in Messages, you must have Android version L or up.
- Storage space on your device may impact feature availability.
- Smart Assistant with Google Calendar may not be available everywhere.
When Messages detects information about an event in your 1:1 or group conversations, a prompt creates a calendar invite in your default calendar.
- Tap Create an event.
- Add or edit event details.
- Tap Save. If the contact whom you’re messaging is invited to the event, the invitation is sent when you tap Save.
Tip: You can use Google Assistant to show your agenda.
Turn off suggested actions
- Open the Messages app .
- At the top right, tap More options Suggestions in chat.
- Turn off Suggested actions.