Messages by Google enhances the chat features on your Samsung phone.
The app is:
- Preloaded on select Samsung devices
- The default messaging app on select Samsung devices
When you use Messages by Google on select Galaxy devices, you can:
- Send and receive text messages to and from Galaxy tablets and watches.
- Send group messages to and from Galaxy devices for new or existing conversations.
- Send and receive messages for current group chats. Learn how to turn on chat features in Messages by Google.
Tip: Conversations stay in sync across Galaxy devices.
Enable texts across multiple devices
By default, sending messages across multiple devices is turned off. To message across multiple devices:
- Open the Messages by Google app .
- In the top right, tap More options Settings Advanced Text on Galaxy devices.
- Turn on Allow text on Galaxy devices.
Limitations for Galaxy tablets & watches
For Galaxy tablets and watches, you can’t:
- Use chat features for 1:1 conversations.
- Create new group chats with chat features.
Samsung Knox administrators can modify signatures on company devices
Samsung Knox administrators can add, edit, or turn off message signatures on company-issued devices.
A banner is present on corporate-administered Samsung devices that have automatic signatures. You can tap the banner to find your signature. Employees can’t edit their signatures.