Messages by Google offers RCS chats on your Samsung phone.
The app is:
- Preloaded on select Samsung devices
- The default messaging app on select Samsung devices
When you use Messages by Google on select Galaxy devices, you can:
- Send and receive text messages to and from Galaxy tablets and watches.
- Send group messages to and from Galaxy devices for new or existing conversations.
- Send and receive messages for current group chats. Learn how to turn on RCS chats in Messages.
Tip: Conversations stay in sync across Galaxy devices.
Messages on Samsung Galaxy Watch4
Use Messages by Google on your phone or watch to send and receive 1:1 and group texts over:
- Cellular data
When your phone is offline, some cellular network plans on LTE-capable devices support messaging. To verify if your service provider supports messaging when your phone is offline, check directly with them.
For the best messaging experience once reconnected to your phone:
- Tap Switch inbox Phone
- Keep your Google Account synced between your phone and watch.
To send messages directly from your watch, tap Switch inbox Watch.
Enable texts across multiple legacy Samsung devices
By default, sending messages across multiple devices is turned off. To message across multiple devices:
- Open the Messages by Google app .
- At the top right, tap your profile photo or icon Messages settings Advanced Text on Galaxy devices.
- Turn on Allow text on Galaxy devices.
Limitations for legacy Galaxy tablets & watches
For Galaxy tablets and watches, you can’t:
- Use chat features for 1:1 conversations.
- Create new group chats with chat features.
Samsung Knox administrators can modify signatures on company devices
Samsung Knox administrators can add, edit, or turn off message signatures on company-issued devices.
A banner is present on corporate-administered Samsung devices that have automatic signatures. You can tap the banner to find your signature. Employees can’t edit their signatures.