Hundreds of millions of people do shopping-related searches on Google each day. By participating in free product listings, your product offers may be eligible to be shown across different Google surfaces, like the Shopping tab, Google Search, Google Images, Google Maps and Google Lens.
Free listings vary based on data requirements. For example, enhanced listings on the Shopping tab require more product data and require you to comply with both policies for free listings and Shopping ads. Learn more about free listings eligibility and data requirements
In the sections below, you can learn about the different listing types for each Google surface and find details about availability by country and device.
The Shopping tab (shopping.google.com)
- Product attributes, including price, availability, ratings and brand annotations, may show in free, organically-ranked listings. Available on mobile and desktop.
- Your in-store products may appear in free local listings if you've opted in to this feature. These listings let shoppers know that the product that they're searching for is available at your nearby retail store. Your listing could include opening times, directions, phone number, product price, product availability and approximate distance from the user. This feature is available globally for products that meet the requirements.
Retailers can view performance reporting for these listing types in Merchant Center.
Google Search (google.com)
- Product attributes, including price, availability, ratings and brand annotations, may be eligible to show as rich results in web results related to product queries. For example, in addition to the data from your feed, Google might enhance rich Search results with data derived from the information on your website, including a price drop based on historic prices in your feed or shown on your site over time. Use rich data in your product feed and/or on your website to provide pricing information, and we'll show that information along with any trends that we've detected. Learn best practices for providing data for better quality listings. These best practices align with rules that help us mitigate spam and deception. Available on mobile and desktop in the US as a standard listing type.
- When people use Google Search to shop for clothing and accessories, they often want to see more visual results. Your products in the clothing and accessories category can be eligible to be shown in more visual, browsy listings that include images, titles, brands and ratings, and more product information. Users can explore products offered by many brands and retailers, with links to retailer and brand sites to learn more. Available on mobile in the US only as a standard listing type.
- Results for searches on specific products may include a panel of product information containing product details, listings of retailers who sell that product and product reviews. If your product data feed includes the product being searched, your listing will be eligible to appear in this experience. Available on mobile in the US as standard listing type.
Retailers can view performance reporting for these listing types in the Search Console 'Product results' Search Appearance. Performance reporting for the visual and browsy apparel and accessory listings is also available in Merchant Center.
Google Images (images.google.com)
- Product attributes, including price, availability, ratings and brand annotations, can be shown in results related to product queries. Available on mobile and desktop in the US as a standard listing type.
- When people look for products and brands on Google Images, they may see images labelled with the 'Product' annotation, which signifies that the product in the image can be purchased. Product attributes, including price, availability, ratings and brand, can be shown on images and the expanded view of images that contain the 'Product' annotation on Google Images. Available on mobile and desktop in the US as a standard listing type.
- People can tap on the Google Lens feature on mobile devices to see Google Images of similar products. These results can contain 'Product' annotations and product attributes like online availability. Available on mobile and desktop in the US as a standard listing type.