Use return rules to set up returnless refunds. If your customer wishes to return an item ordered from you, you can decide to automatically issue a refund without requiring the item to be returned, or in other words, issue a “returnless refund”. This may help you save on shipping fees and other operational costs, and may be cheaper than having the customer return the item.
How it works
You’ll be able to configure returnless refunds in your Merchant Center account. When a customer initiates a return for that offer, it will be recognized as a returnless refund. You’ll also be able to specify which return reasons qualify an item for a returnless refund.
Returnless refund rules only apply at the time of the return. Returnless refunds are only issued for orders placed after the return rule is created.
How much are customers refunded?
- Customers will be refunded the full item value of the returned items (even for customer remorse returns because there isn’t any return shipping).
- Customers will also be refunded the original shipping fee if the entire order is returned for order or item issues.
You’ll see all returnless refunds reflected in your settlement reports. Learn more about settlement reports
Step 1: Configure your return rules
- Log in to your Merchant Center account.
- From the navigation bar, click Return settings.
- From the navigation menu, click Return rules.
- Select the rule that you want to edit OR click New return rule.
- Specify the
return_rule_labelfor this rule (for example, toys_under_15_dollars). This
return_rule_labelspecified will be the same as what is added to the offer in the
return_rule_labelcolumn for the offer.
- Under” Reasons”, select which return reasons you're willing to issue returnless refunds for. You can select “Specific reason,” which allows you to choose from a list of reasons, or “All reasons,” which means returnless refunds will be issued for any return reason.
- Click Save.
Step 2: Add the return_rule_label attribute to your products
You’ll need to add the
return_rule_label column to your feed. If you don't want to offer returnless refunds for any reason for a specific product, leave the column blank.
Need help? Click here to contact Shopping Actions support.