If you are asked to submit your ID, you’ll only need to do so once. You may do this on behalf of your business in accordance with the Google verification policy.
How it works
- You must submit a clear photo or scan of ID
- You must use a US government-issued ID:
- Driver's license or state ID card
- Global Entry card
- National ID card
- Passport or passport card
- Permanent resident card
|Income tax document||W-9|
|Business license or Incorporation Document||Business registration document. Accepted documents:
|Legal representative’s ID||Valid US ID|
|Permitted bank account country||US (disbursement in USD)|
Instructions to verify your ID
- Sign in to your Merchant Center account.
- Click Buy on Google.
- Under "Product and business information", click ID verification. The ID verification is grayed-out if payments profile is not yet completed.
- Enter your name, address, other information, and upload a photo or copy of government issued photo ID and proof of organization. The name and information you entered must match the payments contact in your payments profile.
Note: The name and country on the proof of organization document should exactly match the information you have provided.
Examples of acceptable documents for proof of organization:
- Certificate of incorporation or registration
- Partnership deed or agreement
- Articles or Memorandum of incorporation or association
- Trust deed
- Confirm your information, then click Submit.
Keep in mind
- This verification may take a few days.
- Once completed, the ID verification status will be enabled with a green check mark under Payment and business information. An ongoing process status is reflected during the verification process. If the verification fails, and the user has to re-submit the document, the status will be pending.
- If Google is unable to verify the identity, you may try again. There is a limited number of attempts. You may contact support if ID verification permanently failed and you think there’s been a mistake.
Need help? Click here to contact Buy on Google support.