About shipping policies for Shopping Actions (US only)
Using Shopping Actions, you can ship directly from your warehouse or central shipping hub. Shopping Actions shipping policies are intended to ensure timely updates and positive customer experiences. This article outlines the policies to be followed when shipping products to your customers. Learn more about Shopping Actions
For more information on how to set up shipping, skip to how to set up your shipping and taxes.
Choose shipping services with short transit times
To make the most of your shipping services, the recommended transit time is less than 10 days. Learn more about estimated delivery time
It is recommended that your handling times do not exceed 4 days. This will help you to remain competitive. Aim for a total interval of no more than 2 weeks between order placement and delivery. Don’t include inventory items with longer handling times in Shopping Actions.
When you mark your items as shipped you must provide a valid tracking number to the customer within 1 day of shipment.
Follow these recommendations when packaging your Google Express orders:
- If the customer is not on your marketing list, don't provide marketing inserts in packages.
To ensure a positive customer experience, all packing slip information should include:
- Google order ID
- URL to access order details and initiate returns: http://g.co/express/orders
- Google Customer Service contact: g.co/contactexpress
To avoid customer confusion or misinformation, less comprehensive packing slips should not include:
- Price information
- Return instructions that direct customers to contact the merchant
- Merchant customer support information
Note: If you are unable to update the above information on your packing slips, you can send shipments without including any packing slip at all, but this is not recommended.
Unsupported shipping options
The following shipping options are not supported with Shopping Actions purchases:
- Additional shipping information, freight, or less than load (LTL) deliveries: Google can't collect information from customers regarding the need for scheduled deliveries, liftgates, white glove service, or other recipient-specific differentiation. Items that need to be shipped by freight or LTL are not supported.
- Dynamic shipping costs: Google can't support shipping costs that change dynamically based on the origin of the shipment, or costs that differ based on residential or commercial delivery addresses. Likewise, membership-based shipping pricing (for example, ShopRunner) is not supported.
- Curbside delivery: Google does not currently support the curbside delivery of items purchased through Shopping Actions.
- Unsupported delivery destinations: Google does not currently support delivery to PO boxes, APO/FPO boxes, Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico.