Using Shopping Actions, you can ship directly from your warehouse or central shipping hub. Shopping Actions shipping policies are intended to ensure timely updates and positive customer experiences. This article outlines the policies to be followed when shipping products to your customers. Learn more about Shopping Actions
For more information on how to set up shipping, skip to how to set up your shipping and taxes.
Choose shipping services with short transit times
10 days is the maximum transit time allowed in the settings.
However, we strongly recommend aiming for a lower transit time in accordance with your carrier contract as this can be a decisive purchase factor for users. Learn more about estimated delivery time
It is recommended that your handling times do not exceed 4 days.
We however strongly recommend having a shorter handling time. This time will be added to your overall shipping time and may represent a serious brake on your customers’ purchase decision.
When you mark your items as shipped you must provide a valid tracking number to the customer within 1 day of shipment. This number must provide end-to-end tracking, from the original handoff to the carrier until delivery to the customer.
Second line in shipping addresses
Your shipping settings will need to support a second addressee line - for information such as company names, building names, or hotel names. This is to prevent order cancellation due to too many characters in the recipient field.
Packaging recommendations (US only)
Follow these recommendations when packaging your orders:
- If the customer is not on your marketing list, don't provide marketing inserts in packages.
To ensure a positive customer experience, all packing slip information should include:
- Google order ID
- URL to access order details and initiate returns: shopping.google.com/orders
- Google Customer Service contact: support.google.com/googleshopping/contactflow
To avoid customer confusion or misinformation, less comprehensive packing slips should not include:
- Price information
- Return instructions that direct customers to contact the merchant
- Merchant customer support information
Note: If you are unable to update the above information on your packing slips, you can send shipments without including any packing slip at all, but this is not recommended.
Unsupported shipping options
The following shipping options are not supported with Shopping Actions purchases:
- Additional shipping information or freight deliveries: Google can't collect information from customers regarding the need for scheduled deliveries, liftgates, white glove service, or other recipient-specific differentiation. Items that need to be shipped by freight are not supported.
- Dynamic shipping costs: Google can't support shipping costs that change dynamically based on the origin of the shipment, or costs that differ based on residential or commercial delivery addresses. Likewise, membership-based shipping pricing (for example, ShopRunner) is not supported.
- Curbside delivery (US only): Google does not currently support the curbside delivery of items purchased through Shopping Actions.
- Unsupported delivery destinations:
- US: Google does not currently support delivery to PO boxes, APO/FPO boxes, Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico.
- France: Monaco and French overseas territories (DOM TOM).
Understanding estimated delivery date
Estimated delivery date is the “arrives by” date that customers are shown when checking out. This value is calculated as “maximum handling days + maximum transit days.” Estimated delivery date is calculated using days, and also takes order cutoff time into account.
Here is an example of what estimated delivery date might look like with the settings below in Merchant Center:
Order placed after the cut-off of 3 p.m. EST
0 - 1 handling days
3 - 5 transit days
Minimum estimated delivery date: 7 calendar days
|Maximum estimated delivery date: 9 calendar days|
|Day of order||Day of week||Status||Day of order||Day of week||Status|
|Day 1||Wednesday||Order placed||Day 1||Wednesday||Order placed|
|Day 2||Thursday||Handing time||Day 2||Thursday||Handing time|
|Day 3||Friday||Transit time||Day 3||Friday||Transit time|
|Day 4||Saturday||No action||Day 4||Saturday||No action|
|Day 5||Sunday||No action||Day 5||Sunday||No action|
|Day 6||Monday||Transit time (including Delivery day)||Day 6||Monday||Transit time|
|Day 7||Tuesday||Transit time||Day 7||Tuesday||Transit time|
|Day 8||Wednesday||Delivery day||Day 8||Wednesday||Transit time|
|Day 9||Thursday||Transit time|
|Day 10||Friday||Delivery day|
Need help? Click here to contact Shopping Actions support.