This step is not required unless Google requests verification.
Google may perform an in-person inventory check during the onboarding process. Inventory checks help ensure high ad quality and a consistent customer experience.
How to help with inventory verification
Here’s how to help your merchant with inventory verification:
- Follow the steps in the “Submit inventory verification contact” section of request inventory verification.
- Answer merchant’s questions about why verification is needed:
- The purpose of verification is to help the merchant provide a great customer experience. Google may conduct an inventory verification to make sure shoppers can find products they see listed as available in-store on local inventory ads.
- Learn more about initial inventory verification store visits.
- Help facilitate communication between Google and the merchant:
- Make sure the merchant’s store managers are aware that Google’s third-party inventory check partner may reach out to schedule a one-day visit.