About Google-facilitated returns
Google-facilitated returns are required for Shopping Actions retailers. Our return process helps provide a consistent and reliable customer experience. Learn more about Google-managed customer support
This article explains the benefits, participation requirements, and process for Shopping Actions returns.
Google-facilitated returns offer four main benefits:
- Easy-to-follow standards and processes
- Google support for both merchants and customers
- Enforced return eligibility
- Savings on shipping and processing costs
How it works
Customers can start returns through Google Express or by contacting Google customer support. Google manages all order-related communications and decides how best to help customers based on participation requirements and your return policy. To help facilitate this process, be sure to clearly display your return policy information on your product details page.
When customers start a return, we give them a prepaid return label and a packing slip. The return label includes your return address, the Google order ID, the merchant order ID (if applicable), and the return reason code to facilitate your return and refund process. For each return package sent to your return center, you'll be billed $5.50 in your monthly invoice.
- Maximum weight: 150 lbs.
- Maximum length: 108"
- Maximum length + 2 x (width + height): 165"
Participation requirements and policy
To participate in Google-facilitated returns, make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Provide a minimum 30-day return policy for all items, starting from their delivery date. Items that don't meet the minimum return policy may be removed from your available inventory.
- Exceptions: You may provide a return policy with a minimum of 14 days for electronic items. You may provide a return policy that designates food items, perishables, or living things as ineligible for return.
- Allow an extra 20 days from the end of return eligibility for the return to arrive at your facility.
Process the refund within 2 business days of the return arriving at your facility. If your refund isn't processed within 2 days, a refund may be processed automatically on your behalf and the refund will be deducted from your merchant center account balance.
Note: You can manually reject a return from the Order management section of your Merchant Center account.
- Items under $10: To save on shipping and processing costs, items valued under $10 may be automatically refunded without a physical return. These refund costs are deducted from your merchant center account balance.
- The total refund amount should include the return's price plus tax and any applicable fees as long as the item is returned as "new."
There are different policies for refunding different types of fees.
- Restocking fees: Do not charge customers for restocking fees.
- Return shipping fees:
- Customer-related returns: You may charge customers a $5.50 return shipping fee by deducting the cost from the refund value if your return policy applies (for example, if a customer changes their mind, ordered items by mistake, finds a better price, or items don't fit as expected.)
- Order-related returns: Order-related returns include situations when items are late, damaged or poor quality, incorrect, or don't match the description. Do not charge customers for return shipping on order-related returns (for example, items are late, damaged or poor quality, incorrect, or don't match the description).
- Original shipping fees: For order-related returns, refund the original shipping cost plus the cost of the item, including tax. However, if the return is for only part of an order, or is an item that was shipped with other items that aren't being returned, you aren't required to refund the original shipping fee.
For questions related to order returns, contact us:
- US: email@example.com
- France: firstname.lastname@example.org
To start using Google-facilitated returns:
- Provide your return policy, return facility address, and customer support escalation in Merchant Center.
- Make sure your escalation contact is trained and familiar with Shopping Actions orders. Learn more about Shopping Actions basics
If you have any questions about this program, reach out to your Shopping Actions business contact.